Arboretum Guided Walks 2019
Date: 17th May 2019 - 15th November 2019
Join us for a 2 hour guided walk through our Arboretum, not normally open to the public.
View Spedan Lewis’s planting from when he was resident in Longstock House and the seasonal colour and interest in our extensive Parkland. Take a short walk around the world-famous Longstock Water Gardens and return via our National Collections of Buddleja and Clematis viticella.
Date and Time
Walks start at 10 am
Fridays on 17th May, 21st June, 19th July, 16th August, 13th September, 18th October, 15th November
- £25 per person
HOW TO BOOK
Advanced booking is essential for this event. Payment to be taken at the time of booking. Payments can be made in one of the following ways:
IN PERSON at Longstock Park Nursery
TO PAY BY CARD OVER THE TELEPHONE
Telephone the Nursery on 01264 810894
- Parking is available at the Nursery
- On arrival please head to the Nursery emporium and meet at the entrance by the till point.
- The guided walk and garden visit will last approximately 2 hours
- The ground is undulating and sloping in areas. The walk between the arboretum and water garden is downhill/uphill
- This walk is not suitable for wheelchair users
- In the Garden, bridges can be slippery in wet weather and care should be taken when crossing them
- There is very little shelter during the walk, please come prepared for the ups and downs of the British weather! Please wear suitable walking shoes/boots.
- There are toilets with wheelchair access at the Nursery, Farm Shop and in the Garden
- Picnicking is not permitted in the Garden, Please note there is no café or shop located in the water garden. Food and drink are available from the Farm Shop Cafe.
- Food and drink are available from the Farm Shop Cafe. See our the latest seasonal menu here
- Longstock Park Nursery is adjacent to the Farm Shop and Cafe, it has a wide selection of plants and garden products on sale. The nursery is situated in a brick and flint walled garden and is home to a stunning 80m herbaceous border and National Collections of Buddleja and Clematis viticella.
- Bookings cancelled within 4 weeks of the visit will receive a full refund. Bookings cancelled within less than 4 weeks will not receive a refund unless we can fill the space.
- Dogs are not allowed on the arboretum walk or garden visit. Only assistance dogs will be permitted.